View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

For me, it is important to be disciplined when I sleep. I sleep on my back with my head supported on both sides with a bunched up pillow. It stops my head from rotating too far either direction. If I do roll to my side, I bunch the pillow up so my spine is straight.

There are pillows on the market that are designed to support the spine in a straight position for those who sleep on their side.

When I sleep on my back, I have very little elevation to my head. The pillow only works to support the sides of my head.

There are some 'at home' devices that allow you do to periods of slight traction. They attach to the top of a door jam and wrap around your chin and head. You pull on a rope that goes through a pulley connected to the top of the door jamb. This slight traction, repeated many times during the day can be beneficial.

There is also a technique where you have someone help you with two towels rolled up and placed under your chin and the back of your head. Then the ends are twisted together by your ears and the person pulls gently for a bit while you are laying on your back. This is repeated for a few cycles.

You might google "neck traction" and home. You will find plenty of references.

Hope this helps.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote