View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 08:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What is Happening!?

Hello all,

I am a 40 years old. I was googling PCS and i came upon this forum. I just wanted to see if anyone could give me some answers to what i've been feeling. Eleven days ago (march 17) i was told i by my freinds i fell and hit my head a couple of times. I don't remember cause i was drunk. The next day (Fri) i just felt hung over. On saturday i felt ok went to work and all. On Sunday i noticed that when i woke up I felt a little dizzy. I could'nt really focus on anything for a long period of time. Felt a little bit like if i had just gotten off an amusement park ride. I still went to work and was able to function ok. On Monday I woke up and felt the same way. I went to work and felt very light headed. I got checked by an EMT at work and he said that my pupils were dialated and were'nt reacting to light. I was taken to the ER just for a check and they said my vitals were good. They took a long time to see me, so by the time the doctor saw me, my pupils were back to normal. They did some tests with me pointing and touching my nose. They did not run a ct scan or nothing, they just said i probably got a bit of vertigo from the fall and sent me on my wway with some motion sickness pills. Tuesday through thursday i still felt the same, just a bit light headed with no other symptoms. On thursday i went to a general doctor. He checked me and he said i had no signs of having a concussion and said the same thing, that i probably knocked off a chip of calcium from my inner ear and all i was feeling was vertigo. He sent me on my way and just ran some blood tests.
NOW HERE IS WHEE IT GETS SCARY FOR ME!!!!
That thursday night (7 days after the falls) i start getting very anxious and restless. I went to sleep after pacing around the living room for about an hour. I dont have any problems falling asleep, it just seems i am always sleepy and i sleep through the night, not hearing my alarm.
Friday morning i woke up in a bit confuzed. i felt like i had to assure myself of where i was at and had to start talking just to snap out of the daze. All that morning i felt an anxiety i have never felt before. After a while i felt like i was getting emotional and depressed. Called my family to get some reassurance that everthing was fine. I went to work and after a couple of hours i was fine. That night i felt really good like if everything was gonna be fine. Like if it was all over. Come Saturday I woke up the same way, all dazed. I went to work and started feeling ok. It feels like its in the mornings that i feel the worst. On sunday i felt ok most of the day, but i did start feeling a slight headache which is just always there. I still hav it right now, its just like a 1 outta 10 but its constant with a bit of head pressure.
Today is Monday, 11 days after the fall. The symptoms i am feeling include dizzyness/light headedness, loss of appetite, a constant (but weak) headache, fatigue, i cant focus on something to long, anxiety (just out of the blue), restlessness, emotional changes and i was depressed only that one time. I feel dazed and like everyone saysin a "foggy" state. Its only been 11 days but i am scared of how long this might last. Is it to soon to be having PCS?I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, so im hoping he can give me some answers. If anyone has been through this i would really appreciate some advice. THANK YOU and GOD BLESS
and2tes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ayb83 (04-06-2011)