View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 08:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbylin View Post
Hello all my name is Shelby. So about 4 years ago I had a distollic allergic reaction to the promethazine in codeine cough syrup i was taking. One day I stayed home from school due to a migraine and notices my right leg was shaking. By the next morning it had moved to my other leg and up to my right hand. Pretty soon my whole body was in full tremors. I had a kat-scan which showed an abnormality so was sent off to a bigger hospital for an MRI. It showed the abnormality was one vessel was smaller than the other in my brain but they said I was born with it and had nothing to do with my tremors. When they did figure out it was only an allergic reaction I was put on benedryl for a week until they stopped. All was well until about a year later I had the same reaction to headache medicine I was prescribed by my doctor. So I did the same Benedryl treatment and it went away. A little while later my had started shaking and pretty soon I was in a full body tremor but more...violent than the others. I started to hyperventalate and was unable to communicate. I was takin to the hospital and after many doses of muscle relaxers it quite. I still get these random attacks...they don't last forever like the other ones but they are much harder on me and can last for hours. I was given a muscle relaxer to take if I feel one coming on but lately they have not seemed to help much. Less than a year ago I found out I was having them in my sleep also. The doctors cannot figure out why I am still having random episodes but they think it is an anxiety disorder or caused by stress. This was hard for me to understand for awhile becuase my first doctor made it sound like i was making myself do it...trust me I would not humiliate myself in front of my peers during gym class by having an episode on the bleachers. People think I am having a cezure but I am still concious just unable to communicate. It's been frustrating becuase so far nothing has stopped them for good. They say I'll eventually grow out of them but so far I havn't....I feel helpless and rediculous.
Shelby- in our world , anxiety syndrome is rampant. It should not feel like an embarrassment to "have it".You must have it "bad" too, or you wouldn't be getting such a powerful involuntary physical response to it, if that is indeed what you have. It doesn't sound at all like any PD, but i'm not a neurologist , only a YPWPD. When you have a "handle" on how you are psycologically interacting with this mindless, pointless thing called "being a live human being", then you will be able to at least find a way to cope with what is currently baffling you. If there is truly an "organic cause" to your symptoms, you will continually get worse. Many anxiety conditions are , like depression, always on a boat way up denial.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (04-12-2011)