View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 11:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HD,

I don't think you have to 'prove' your point to anyone here. There are many, many newstories (and posts here at NT) that have shown/predicted SSA will be in the red.....in "a few years" or "4 to 6 years" or "2016"

It's all about simple math and what they take in vs what goes out. Just because the outgoing will be more than the incoming in the near future, doesn't automatically mean SSA payments to people will stop....that will depend on how our government decides to deal with the problem....let it go under and have many of us applying for welfare or raising taxes or shifting money from other programs to pay.

I refuse to worry about that BECAUSE it is out of my control....aside from making my vote count in the next election.

I will worry instead about what IS in my control. How much money can I save ? What are the programs for low cost housing in my area ? How much debt can we handle for our kids college education considering my SSDI income could be in jeopardy someday ? What happens when the kids are in college and I get divorced so I don't have my husband's income to rely on if SSA goes belly up ? How long can I live off of my half of the equity in our home ? Those are the questions that I focus on because they are the ones I have some control over.

Of course, right now my focus is on whether or not I will be able to get in the shower tomorrow before my doctors appointment

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote