View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 11:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Feeling like a burden to friends, family, and society is one of the tough things about this disease. But we can all contribute to the degree we can even if that's only just taking care our own needs or some of them. I used to be the guy who did all the work in most every situation and never got any accolades for it so so what if I have to impose on friends to help me do some little thing? Just plan ahead so the imposition is as minor as possible. Get a hobby, do research, read, write a book or just reach out to others on the net. There might be some volunteer work you can do. Just try to get outside everyday.

For me this thing is not just pain but pessimism and I have to fight the pessimism with the same vigor as the pain. Nothing has really worked but I am continuing to learn my triggers and getting better at avoiding them. Distraction and the right meds are critical. We need our sleep more than just about anyone probably. After a good night sleep I can wake up and feel almost normal sometimes even though it rarely lasts more than an hour and the effect is worn off completely by late morning.

There's still a chance to beat this thing but more importantly there's life even if it proves impossible. It can't be like the life you once had but this just means more time for old and new hobbies.

You're not a burden until you're not trying. There are always people who like doing a lot of work so pass the baton and let them go.

Good luck.
Imahotep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (03-29-2011)