View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 12:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Wow

Wow my story is almost the exact same as yours, I was headbutt for no reason at all on halloween night and experienced concussion symptoms for 2 weeks. When I was starting to feel better approximately two weeks later I was struck in the head by a hockey stick and had to receive 4 staples for my head. Again I was out for about a week with symptoms which seemed to go away. After this week I was able to work out, go to the gym party etc. After 2 weeks of heavy studying and exams I partied hard 4 days in a row, after this I thought I had cold symptoms as my entire body was feeling like crap. I continued to exercise and hang party as if it was nothing but a cold. However over my christmas break I experienced brutal symptoms of dizzyness and nausea I spent my entire christmas day in a hospital for 5 hours watching star wars because I couldn't open a damn present. My doctor told me I would need to stop drinking and rest as much as I could for my symptoms. Its tough because people who have never had a concussion dont understand what it is like, they think you are a wuss and are just being "soft". The last 2 months have been the most stressfull of my life with school work, my roomates party 3 nights a week which makes it very hard not to drink alcohol. I wont have a drink for a month feel slightly better then fall off the wagon and get back with my symptoms. The last couple Months I have felt depressed and have had very weird thoughts about life and other subjects. It sucks cuz I need to be better within the next month to make money for school at my summer job. Im tired of this **** I cant do anything cant exercise, play hockey, can barely play video games and stress harder then ever in all of my classes. Ive already told myself im not going to have a drink for the next month but who knows if doing any of this will make my damn symptoms go away.

Thanks for listening, Mike
Gryph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote