View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 02:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sister has Peripheral Neuropath - Things to check?

Hi,

I found this forum using a search, and am glad to see that there is such a large community of users to share and encourage each other on this condition.

My sister has had this condition (or is it parathesis?) for over 2 years (she gets tingling, vibration, burning sensations in her feet, hands, face, and other parts of her body, and can't walk/use her hands for too long a time), and in that time, has gone through many tests.

Her nerve reaction times, temperature test, have all been ok, and things like Rheumatoid Arthritis, MS, HIV have been ruled out. MRI didn't show any red flags, but they did find some small white matter lesions in her frontal lobe.

We are currently are guessing it may be Lyme or Celiac, and the next step is going to be to get a Celiac blood test. She did a Lyme test already, but the results aren't 100% conclusive.

The treatment for Lyme would be to start an anti-biotic program, but we want to be conservation and make sure we check everything else that it may be before doing so.

I was wondering then, does anyone have any ideas/suggestions what else we should test/look out for? Are there other infectious diseases that it may be? Other auto-immune type things to check? Other things?
sceptre is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote