View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 06:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Lightbulb Home and Work Ergonomics

In another thread, I promised to share photos and information about the adjustments made to my work and home working environments to help accomodate my TOS issues.

I'm placing this in this thread to invite contributions from others too. I'd love to see other's set-ups and comments on their use.

So lets go first, any questions please ask!

Work Environment

# I had the help of a Occupational Health Nurse who had some familiarity with TOS, to set up this environment
# I trialled alternative pointing devices, including the 3m Ergonomic Mouse and the Vertical Mouse, but found that placing my forearm and wrist in a neutral handshake position, whilst almost certainly "good", irritated my ulnar nerve
# I have tried but disliked using a Microsoft Natural Keyboard
# The chair is fantastic, fully height, tilt, depth, lumbar support and head support adjustable

Home Environment

Plan "A" is to replicate my work environment here, and I've made progress towards that
Plan "B" is more radical, see below

Home Environment Plan "B"

<Pictures Incoming>

I am considering using an Ekornes Stressless reclining chair in conjunction with a height adjustable desk with a low minimum height and a lightweight lap board/table for keyboard and mouse in order that I can sit in a gentle reclined position with my arms resting on padded surfaces whilst using the computer (I have a regular office job, but can work from home quite often)

The inspiration for this idea came from someone else on the internet, who had designed a similar set up with a La-Z-boy recliner.
BKRich is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mspennyloafer (03-30-2011)