View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 06:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post

lol....now you have a great arguement for why Canada > US !

I know that a few are approved quickly here, but it seems like most cases take years. We've discussed before how similar my medical history/issues are to your's......took me 3 years.

How does Canada deal with the amount that you get in relation to your previous salary ? Is this an amount that you could live on ? I'm planning on divorcing when my boys graduate high school and I will be kind of screwed financially then. I will hopefully be able to make it by moving to an area with a much lower cost of living, but that will be a long distance from all of my family who live close by now.
Hello Finz, Lol yeah Canada! I remember reading your response to my post still cannot believe it took you 3 yrs(ugh)and I was approved so quickly, I have friends who waited 1-3yrs as well, I told that gal I thought everyone was denied first, she stated don't believe everything u hear,

Regarding the money, I paid into long term disability thur my employer, the ins company now pays me 66.6% of my wages, but should disability pay me less that what I am receiving now, my ins company pays the difference so I will never make less money. It would be tough to make it on my own without some type of assistance. I am very grateful for the man in my life, he has been wonderful(helps me a lot and never complains).
Finz I'm sorry u will be divorcing! (I was a single mom and raised 2 children)the best advise I can give you is start stashing cash away now! I do not know the age of your children, but had I known ahead of time my husband was a cheater I would have banked money like crazy(without his knowledge)! Finz you should not have to go too far from your family, will you not go for some kind of support/allimony payment? I wish you all the best, there is nothing worse than being unhappy in life! hugs Bunz
---------------------------------------------------

bunz50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote