View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker View Post
DH with his bad back likes it too. The mattress is firm (for him, I hated it) .
Best present I ever gave DH was a room of his own! We worked opposite shifts, I was sick and injured with a very bad back injury. He would lay in bed with his hands on his tummy, afraid to move, for fear of hurting me. I wasnt resting, and nor was he. For his b/d I gave him his own room. Complete with a nice TV, and set up like a mans room. We both hated it at first, and it was an adjustment but after a couple of months neither of us would dream of turning back. He snores very loudly (he has lost weight and stopped now) and he likes to watch violent TV shows before he falls asleep. Those types of shows ramp me up, and make it harder for me to sleep. I like quiet, funny, touching dramas, which upset him as "chick flicks" We also hated sharing the closet, and the bathroom. I could never brush my teeth because he was shaving, or whatever, and he couldnt trim his mustache because I was using my creams. So...problem solved. He gets a firm bed, I get a softer one. I turn out the light when I am ready to go to bed.

It doesnt work for everyone, but oh what a blessing it is for us.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
doydie (03-30-2011), SallyC (03-29-2011)