View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 01:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Disk Carotid Cavernous Fistula

Hi,

Last year, I developed a Carotid Cavernous Fistula and needed emergency embolization (coiling). After seven hosptializations and an additional unrelated cardiac surgery, I started to recover. I don't have any current symptoms except for migranes which I had before the surgery. I recently had an MRA of the brain with and without contrast done, and the results reveal that some vessels are dilated around the coil and need an additional angiogram to see what it going on. I am only 40 and have had multiple ailments that confuses the healthcare professionals. I am currently taking coumadin as I have a history of a DVT and a genetic mutation (Leiden Mutation) that makes my blood clot a little faster, and I have to come off it before the procedure. I am looking for other people who have had similar experiences, a CC Fistula or are on coumadin before having an angiogram, coiling, etc,. I am trying to be brave and focus on the positive but it's not easy. I thank you in advance for help and ability to share.

Sincerely,
teee
teee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote