Thread: Getting Help
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

As difficult as it is, try to stop the worrying and wait until a time when you can take a look at your problem(s) when your head is in a better place. Currently I'm working on that really hard. When my brain goes to that worry zone, I throw up a stop sign in my mind and make my brain go somewhere else. I just keep doing that. Or wave my hands toward my head to try and make the thought fly away.

LOL that does sound funny doesn't it?

And I am really hard on myself I've discovered (with the help of my therapist). I have spent SO much time being my own worst enemy and better at putting myself down and beating myself up than anyone else in the world. So, it's a problem. It's like every day I see the same headline news in my brain, and it's always a worrisome headline.

Trying to learn compassion for myself. I'm my own worst critic.

I'm grasping at quite a few 'things' since a major depressive period in my life for the 1st couple of months this year. This self-criticism and worry (lifelong rut for me) just has to stop. I'm so tired of it and not getting any younger and I'm the only one who can find out how to stop this daily beating of myself.

And now I've said more than I should.

These are interesting reads, if you feel so inclined. Take care of yourself.

Go Easy on Yourself - a new wave of research urges...

And this... http://www.self-compassion.org/

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (03-29-2011), barbo (03-29-2011), Mark56 (01-28-2014)