View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 08:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi there. Good grief you have had a time of it. I find I cant not note my experience here tho I am well aware we are all individual. In that lite I will say one of my fav sites to get others reports on meds is askapatient.com. It is very detail and honest in terms of the patient themselves report.

For me Paxil is an awful scary drug that you can only get the truth on now that people have had so much abd happen from it. I know you are going off it and that is one of the 2 biggest problems I had with it. I would just caution you to be prepared and gentle around how you do. I tried to get off it over the span of 2 years. every time I would get down to a certain point I would have such symptoms I couldnt take it. I asked my shink for help but he refused. When I finally HAD to go off it in 2005 because I had started to become chemcially sensitive and was reacting to all the valium it took to take the Paxil at all I got off it first so I could stop the valium. I had to set aside a month knowing I would be miserable and have severe withddrawal. It is not uncommon for people with Paxil withdrawal to end up in ER.

When I just tried to switch to somethiing else with the help of my shrink from the Paxil (Paxil to serzone) I was told to do it in a week. I did end up in ER. I didnt know what was happening to me as this was years ago, maybe 2001 and there wasnt all the public data back then. I had no clue what he told me to do could make me so crazy, vomiting, head-exploding in pain sick. My neighbor called 911 to get me to hosp. I crawled to his door.

Since I found out that I have chronic vitamin D problems and find ways to keep it from bottoming out, I dont have the need for antidepressants. My feeling is that there are alot of us that dont know we are chronically low and pretty darn low or even marginally low and how good we would feel if we had plenty in us.

I should ad that I have talked here of being sensitive to drugs but my experience with Paxil preceded that and is not unique I have found since reports of Paxil problems have been more reported.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmay View Post
Correction - my primary and NEUROLOGIST recommended (damn iPhone spell check) and also ... diagnosed Christmas 2009. Sorry about that.
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote