View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 09:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I saw my neurologist today and found out that FINALLY my clinic is testing for the JC virus antibody as part of the Stratify trial. Yeah!! It took them forever to run through all of the paperwork because they are affiliated with a medical school and have to abide by more stringent research protocols. They started testing yesterday so I was patient #12 out of a future 500. I hope that 12 is my lucky number. If I am negative then I will stay on Tysabri. If I am positive he wants me to switch to something else since I am having #27 next week and it's been almost 3 years since I've been on the drug. The only other option for me is Gilenya.

I asked about measuring CD4 cells. He said that some of the studies regarding measuring counts of CD4 cells, CD8 cells, and the ratio between the two and their connection to immune suppression and the JC virus were done at the medical school here. He felt that measuring these counts can't provide any useful information that will help those on Tysabri. He does, however, feel more positive about the JC antibody test after talking with Biogen and the researchers (as opposed to the last time I saw him).

Anyhow, keep your fingers crossed because I want to stay on Tysabri!! I get the results in 4 weeks.

PS: They are running spinal tap research tests and looking for people to participate in their studies. They will pay you $200 for every spinal tap you give them. Hmmmm.....is it worth it?

Last edited by Natalie8; 03-29-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Natalie8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
clarkstar (03-30-2011), Grammie 2 3 (03-31-2011), Riverwild (03-30-2011), SallyC (03-29-2011), shayna (04-04-2011)