View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 07:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default First nerve block done

Hi all

OH MY GOSH ..I had my first nerve block done yesterday by the neurologist. I am a MESS! The Dr said I am in bad shape (totally abnormal) and one of the worst he's seen in a while. He is surprsied that i'm managing the pain so well. (I'm really not) just looking like i am.

Well anyways, the diagnosis now is myofascial pain syndrome which caused thoracic outlet syndrome. Mymuscles are so tight in my neck and upper back that it casued a real mess. My muscles were jumping so bad yesterday when they were looking for trigger points...I CRIED! It was way worse than the EMG! I was then injected with lidocaine in 10 places. THe last needle injection hurt real bad...it almost burned. THey putice on me and then felt ok but on the way home I was in so much pain I couldn't move my head. I got a severe headache and started throwing up when I got home. I cried and cried...haven't felt like that in I don't think EVER. Then I started getting ringing in my ears and it kept coming and going. I couldn't move my head all night and I still feel sick. I think I had an allergic reaction to the lidocaine but not positive. I'm allergic to most pain medications and I have other severe allergies. Now what do I do? Also the Dr said I'm so bad that he wants to do this again next week

I can't go back to work either..I was told I need to rest and I can't do anything at the moment...I feel awful. I talked to the insurance adjuster yesterday for workman's comp but not sure how this is going to go. I just want to get my life back...I never expected this

Does anyone know much about reactions to injections? I guess I should call the Dr and let them know what happened. I think I need to see a surgeon as well...not sure what to do.

Tammy
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote