Thread: Which surgery
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 04:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Hi Gabby,

Miracles don't happen every day, and double-hitters even rarer, so are we to infer that you think you're extremely lucky, and that it's an 'amazing, extraordinary, or unexpected'* event for surgeries to come out alright?

* from Encarta Dictionary definition of "miracle".

Me? I'm firmly perched on the fence. I want to know about all sides of an issue - the good, the bad, and the stuff they don't tell you about. But I do wish statements attributed to sources were cited/linked to those sources; it supports the statements' and posters' credibilities, and allows for independent interpretation, follow-up, and judgment.

Doc
Doc,

Sorry, you if you have had negative outcomes. I posted "if you are going to have spine surgery make sure it's done my the best and someone who has done it many times and speak to patients who have had surgery by your doctor". I thought that was a positive response. It you think half empty that's what your going to get.

And yes, you are correct it is rare to have more than one positive outcome. Put most negative outcomes are due to doctor's not having enough experience doing the surgery there doing or there doing the completely wrong procedure. I travel 70 mile 1 way to our ortho. facility. I also stated I found out the hard way, so it did not start positive.

Always better to keep positive. Speaking from experience and remember "I ALMOST LOST MY ARM", I have spend 40 days or more over a period of 3 years sitting in the hospital, 70 miles from my family, with 2 doctors who fixed me piece by piece, explained every procedure, surgery, honestly they became my friends especially the one. If I would not have been agressive found the right doctors through networking other doctors that would not even touch me who knows where I would be today. It was not easy but if I fell apart and there where days I did where would I be today. I am a normal person I don't have any more money then any one else,pay my bills,mortgage just like the rest of the world.

I hope you have a more positive outlook in the future. What's the point of thinking have empty instead of half full. My husband and I have this same disagreement. So know offense taken.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote