Thread: Support Group
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 07:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Alffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
We had a full house at last nights meeting...a different moderator who was very good at getting participation from all the attendees..everyone given a chance to talk about what they were experiencing. It's always wrenching to have someone newly grieving...she was 6 weeks "out" from her loss.

One of the survivors said he had rented the movie The Bridge and it wasn't what he expected...the mod. expressed caution about watching it..said he uses parts of it in the class on suicide that he teaches at IUSB.
Funny because I have ordered it and expect it anyday...he said there are actual suicides shown and I wondered why they weren't stopped from jumping...he said there had been a huge controversy about that very thing when the documentary first aired. He did say it had raised awareness in San Fran area about suicide so that's a good thing.

I did have an interesting private conversation about suicide notes with one woman whose husband killed himself 18 months ago..I'm going to do some research on that so we can continue next time. She said she had no idea that he was even depressed and they had been happily married for 30 years..she wished he had left a note as to why. ~sigh
FINALLY - some results.
barbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (03-30-2011), Alffe (03-30-2011), Doody (03-30-2011)