View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 08:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
Thanks Bunz !

We're doing the ol' stay together for the kids plan, so we wouldn't waste all of our cash on a custody war (because hubby feels I would obviously be an unfit mother because I take narcotics and an antidepressant.....grrrr.....don't get me started !)

It's not like there is a war zone at home, no cheating....minimal fighting.....we just don't talk, live like roomies. When I'm 85, I want to be sitting on on my front porch (or a hammock, or on a towel at the beach) holding the hand of someone who loves me....and unfortunately hubby doesn't fit into that picture.

My boys are 16 and 15, so we are close to the finish line. I know I would probably get some spousal support, but hubby will also be retiring soon and there are only so many pieces of the pie. I really hate the prospect of feeling like a leech. I always made decent money, and worked extra shifts if I had extra expenses. I don't want to be dependent on someone who resents me. It ties in so much with chronis pain issues....and hating to have to ask for help.

Meh, okay....pity party is over I had an emotional day.....'graduating' to longer acting pain meds and had to have my 75yo dad drive me to my doctor's appointment.

Sigh....I really miss my old life !

Back to the thread topic......When I was still collecting WC, I got 66% of my pay, but didn't have to pay taxes on it. Do you get a tax break too ? I know you guys get killed on taxes even more than us !
It totally amazes me how some folks have difficulty placing themselves into the shoes of others, especially those in severe agony. My wife has RSD, has 8 brothers and sisters who have nothing now to do with her. I've known them all for over 30 years and to this day I still can't get my mind around the fact that because Suzy is chronically ill they have a bad attitude about it. Totally baffled.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote