View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 12:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Emmay and welcome. I agree, this site is very helpful! I wish I would have found it years ago.
I was on Paxil a few years ago. When I was getting off of it, I found a site that recommended taking benadryl when the withdrawl symptoms became really bad. It did help. I just broke some Paxil pills small and took less and less and less. Took a few months for me, but I was not having any withdrawl symptoms I could not handle.
My duaghter was on cymbalta. She was just put on Pristiq and it has WAY less side effects. She doing alot better, it is in the same class, but WAY less side effects. Even her weight is going down.
I hope whatever you decide works well for you. And I hope you never hesistate to let the doctors know if somehting is not working for you. You are the one who has to live with the symptoms. There are so many new ones. Now my daughter only allows the psychiatrist to prescribe her medications. The doctors seem to not listen. We are very happy with the way she is doing on the Pristiq.
If you are not comfortable with their choice, maybe talk to someone in that field and ask thier advice with your symptoms. You are allowed to take all the time you need and make your decisions. You need to feel comfortable taking.. anything.
Take care, Eileen
Imatthebeach is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote