View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 08:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default update on fusion L4-L5-S1

WAS DONE ON 2-24-11

still quite a bit of pain from the left hip which never hurt to begin with .
when i went in for a followup of my choosing , the pain and numbness in the left hip were dismissed as " nerves waking up , and muscles being used that wern't b4 " . i am a very intuitive person . that being said , i think it's more a case of side affects that cannot b governed or accounted for while doing surgery .
dr. rooney was honest and told me that the numb areas on my left thigh (which never hurt b4) could possibly be permanent . small price to pay if my back is fixed .
I still have not started PT , because there's stil so much pain to the left hip . i have been stretching on my own ...and had a brweak through . I JUST CUT MY TOE NAILS BY MY SELF !
i still have quite a bit of trouble in the bathroom (#2) , but there's no way i will ask my wife to help .
i have found that 2 things feel great ! however should b avoided in my opinion .
1-heating pad all day and night .
2-sitting in your normal " favorite chair " as you normally would .
i suggest an almost hot epsom salt soak ...minimum 1 hr. no heating pads , especially during the night
stretch a bit while n the tub .
updates to follow . it sounds like i'm still n a lotta pain , but i think it's the healing process .
bak2bak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-23-2011)