View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 09:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had thr bulk of my therapy with extraordinary woman and her partner who was part of the weekly support group and healing retreats. They knew the abuse subject and how to do what was needed in a kind and gentle way. I never felt pushed which is a huge huge thing for me. When I asked my therapist about EMDR once she said it was not that different than what we already were doing around release and memory work. I didnt pursue then as what we did worked for me and I fully trusted her.

After my health started to fail I dropped away from therapy as I couldnt get there. When I wanted to restart mainly out of stress of the illness I found someone that knew EMDR to see if I wanted to try it. For me I need a very very soft demeanored person. And they have to be a she and very gentle. It seemed like it was gonna work. I saw her for about a year when heath was good enough. I became frustrated that she never, tho I started to ask, do the EMDR. I to this day dont know why. I dont think she understood me, my background and how strong I am.

I have to sign off cause of my eyes. I have myasthenia gravis and my eyes are in abd shape. If you wish to speak more email for message me privately.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J View Post
I have been engaging in EMDR for about two years, I have a history of childhood sexual abuse (about 9 years) and I am finding it very dificult to learn how to "manage" extreem emotion. I am wondering if there is anyone out there that has had a simular experince