View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 09:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am happy this happened for you. My daughter checked this out. She asked my Sec 8 worker and the complex. Sec 8 person said it was illegal for bluidling to do this. Building boss said no even tho my daughter had worked with the staff that showed her the aprtment. My daughter said she would be happy to pay it to get me in there. I live in Iowa and dont know if local regualtions could affect this.

There are 2 buildings right across the street from my grandkids day care. Veery near my kids. One is actually for handcap only. But when my daughter called to get on the waiting list they said it wasnt that long. Now this was a red flag for me in that it is new and when I checked 3 years ago they said there was a 4 year waiting list. So where did that go? Is something wrong there? It sure woujld be great to have my grandkids beable to come over that easy.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatthebeach View Post
Will the apartment adjust their rent for you to get in? They have done that in the past for us. Worth asking. Our last place they lowered the rent thirty dollars so we could move in. I hope they work with you if it is one you really would be comfortable in.
It is truely getting harder and harder to find places that rent to section 8. I hope this still works out for you.
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote