View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 10:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Learning is key...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bak2bak View Post
i am still on the learning curve as to what to do & not . still quite a bit of pain since the op 2-24-11 .....my original pain area no longer hurts . new ones have replaced those . lol .gavity sux in the course of healing lol , laying flat is king . good luck .
I had C5-7 fused with titanium discs, cadaver bone n screws on march 2, 2011... So at 4 weeks post up I'm still learning like you what my personal limitations are. I never thought I would still be hurting a month after surgery, but I am. I am able to do more on my own each day ( I can shower all by myself like a big girl now, lol, have to laugh...) my biggest issue is the cervical collar I have to wear 24/7 which creates the worst back n neck spasms, omg, and muscle relaxers knock me out, so it's a trade off, be a slug or be in more pain. Like you my original pain seems better, but has been replaced by new pain, irritated nerves, and terrible sore neck. But on the mend. Gravity sucks, you're right, but don't stay in one spot too ling, vary your positions often, and I find alternating my beloved heating pad with ice and biofreeze does take the edge off.

Take care, here is to a fast pain free recovery for us both!
Thanks for sharing your progress it's nice to know one is not alone in this.
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-23-2011)