View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Bold and Beautiful....

These are simply great! I am enjoying this thread very much.

You certainly have alot of energy (wish I had some).

How long did it take you to do the "movie group". What kind of paint did you use? Regular wall paint, or acrylic artist types?

It must be hard to move and leave these behind.

I have been thinking of a mural of sorts too... to go over the fireplace at our summer home.

First photo:
The white space used to be bare cement. I sealed it with UGL sealer (which is white) a few years ago (oil based). I'd take down the old boat name and put it higher on the wood paneling above...
The sealer did help with the water leakage that sometimes comes in from the chimney.

second photo:
and do a scene like this one:
including a freighter doing upstream on the left. I wanted to do it last summer, but rather poohed out with fatigue.

It is a fairly rough surface, and I don't know if acrylic will hold on the base coat. Any suggestions? All would be appreciated.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 03-06-2007 at 01:03 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote