View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 01:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bak2bak View Post
i reccommend dr rooney . as i am very intuitive , i know he is telling it like it is .
he has a great "bedside manner" , and his staff helped greatly thus far .
i will note that i told everyone b4 surgery that if i wake up with an aspiration tube down my throat .....i'd probably hurt someone as that ia a great fear of mine .

woke up ....no tube !
private rooms , great response time by staff on everything . btw....the food is great there , lol .
Dear bak2bak,

I have not had spine surgery but my husband has had 3 the last just 2/25/11. When he had his first lumbar l4-l5 in 2003 they did take bone from the hip and inserted a bone stimulator in the hip area and like you that was the worst pain. Do you have a bone stimulator in the hip area? In 2006 in went to a different doctor because the surgery from 2003 was not working well. In 2006 when he had the complete revision everything removed and all new put in and they took out that bone stimulator that gave him such problems. Once they took out that bone stimulator in 2006 he had great relieve but he still says to this day it's still tender to the touch around that hip area. In 2006 and 2011 they used cadaver bone instead of taking from the hip.

You sound like your doing great. I'll tell you the same thing I tell my husband "do what you can don't push it". My husbands second lumbar was a great success and miracle he really suffered prior. Hope you continue to recovery so well.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-23-2011)