View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 07:50 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose_thorn98 View Post
At first they thought it was part of my condiditon, because the itching would go away after the first few days I increased the Lyrica. But I never had this all over itching before I went on the Lyrica. But I do have a weird undiagnosed neurological condition that causes all over body burning. So we thought the itching was part of that. But now I'm seeing a new Dr. and she is considering it could be an allergy. But I'm having to wean off of it.
Hi rose_thorn98,

I was going to suggest a lower dose might eliminate or reduce the itching to tolerable while still providing adequate relief, but tapering off should yield the same answer.

It also occurs to me that it could be an interaction with something else you're taking (ain't chemistry wonnerful? ) - particularly other pain meds, but could be other things too. Worth asking about/checking into.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote