View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 09:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Is it Post Concussion Syndrome or Post Traumatic Migraines?

Two months ago, I was involved in a car accident where I hit my head twice. I has a headache afterwards and some neck pain but no other symptoms. About six weeks after the accident, I started to develop really bad headaches at the top of my head, nausea, dizziness, blurry vision and sensitivity to light (to the point of wearing sunglasses indoors!) My physiotherapist was convinced that I have post concussion syndrome so I went to see a neurologist, but he said that it can’t be PCS because the symptoms didn’t occur until 6 weeks later. He told me I have chronic migraines (my symptoms have lasted about a month straight now) and told me to avoid some common triggers and see if it gets better. He also told me that it’s okay for me to exercise, but my physiotherapist says not to do anything but rest. I don’t know who is correct here, and whether it is safe for me to workout. I feel light-headed and like I want to vomit almost all the time. I have not had an MRI done. What should I do? The neurologist told me he doesn’t have to see me again since he doesn’t think there is a brain injury. But my symptoms are daily and not going away and it has now been 2 months since the accident
kayseeah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote