View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 04:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissabla39 View Post
Hi!! I have been reading this forum all day! You guys(and gals) seem oh so helpful! Here is a little about my situation.

About a week ago, I got my "fully favorable" letter after 2 1/2 yrs of fighting! I was denied twice and finally approved by the judge. Anyhow, I had an appt today at my local ss office. He told me I was awarded ssdi and also ssi. He told me that he is not sure about when ssdi will start their checks or about the retro-pay since they are 2 different things. He did inform me that I will get my 1st ssi ck on the 1st of April. He also said that to get me on my feet a little that he would release the maximum amount of 2200 today.

Anyhow, I guess my question is, if he released the payment today, does that mean I should be getting it very soon???????

Thanks for any help in advance!
I'm very happy for you! I just got my fully favorable letter today after almost 4 years of fighting for it! I'm so happy even though I'm in pain right now. I cried when I read the letter. It's been a long fight and I thought I would be getting it right away because I was so messed up but I had to fight and get an attorney and go through appeals and a reconsideration but finally I'll be getting just over 3 years backpay. I'll be in decent shape with my pension and my ssdi, so I'm happy. I just need a new body now and I'll be all set. Come on tech people, invent lab-grown bodies and full brain transplants already so I can get put into a new body!

stevesworldnyc. Conditions: 4 cervical herniated discs, Peripheral Neuropathy, chronic kidney stones, Spinal Stenosis, 8 herniated discs (4 lumbar, 4 cervical), migraine headaches, sciatica, radiculopathy, HIV, lipid disorder, insomnia.

Meds: Oxycodone, metaprolol, Atripla, Tizanidine, Frova, Ambien, Dronabinol, Combivent, Topomax, Crestor, Albuterol Sulfate via nebulizer, Advair, Trimethobenzamide, Excedrin Migraine, and Miralax.
stevesworldnyc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote