View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 05:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I will repeat what others have said: I am not a doctor, but it surely sounds like PCS. That neurologist doesn't sound like he knows much about PCS.

I had migraines before my injury, but NOTHING like what I have now. I am almost 14 months post injury, and I still have headaches.

Did the neurologist give you anything to help with the headaches, besides telling you to avoid triggers?

They usually like to put you on medications that can help prevent the headaches. I have tried half a dozen of those medicines, and they all make me nauseous. Some of them also make me dizzy and more tired than I am already. But I am very sensitive to medications, and if they could find one that works for you, it could relieve your headaches.

There have been some studies done on vitamin B-2 (riboflavin) helping migraines, and I am trying that now. It seems to be helping to make my headaches more manageable, even though I still have them. You can google migraines and vitamin B-2, and you will get lots of information.

But there are other natural products that you might also want to look into like Petadolex (a purified form of an herb called butterbur). Also, some people have found relief using CoQ10.

I am also considering botox injections if nothing else helps.

I surely hope that you get some help for your migraines. They are so disabling! One thing that helps a little is an icepack on the back of the head before or during a migraine. (15 minutes on, then as needed)

The ice is supposed to slow down the pain signals (or something like that). I know that it helps along with medicine.

Exercise is probably the worst thing that I can think of doing when I have a migraine. But if you go to a physical therapist, they may be able to give you specific exercises to help you.

Good luck. Let us know how you are doing. I really do know how horrible those migraines can be.

I have also found cranial sacral physical therapy to be helpful for my headaches. But you have to find someone who is really good at it.

ShellyK
ShellyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote