Thread: Can you?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 05:40 PM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Heart

I suppose you can dnserror but I call that depression.

"Touched by Suicide. Hope and Healing After Loss"

by Michael Myers, and Carla Fine is a great book and I wanted to quote something from it.

"People who have been plagued with suicidal thinking, or who have tried to kill themselves and are now well, believe that they have been given a second chance. They are grateful to be alive, and feel that their lives have more significance and purpose. Many emerge from their ordeals with special insights; having been in that awful place, they know both the terror and the allure of wanting to end your own life.

We have much to learn from survivors of suicide attempts, whether we are survivors of a loved one's suicide, clinicians, researchers, or everyday citizens. Individuals who have attempted to take their lives can help us make sense of the life and death of a family member, a friend, a colleague, and show us ways to seek clarity and definition after suicide has touched our lives. By fighting to eradicate the stigma of self-inflicted death, we can start to bring about wholesome dialogue as well as more effective prevention. Above all, we will be able to save lives.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (04-01-2011), barbo (03-31-2011), dnserror (03-31-2011), tamiloo (04-03-2011)