View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

None of our cats has ever licked or groomed our hair, scratched our scalps, or other weird things.

One can train a cat a bit while still young, but they do not depend on humans like dogs do and need. All of our cats have followed us on hikes and around the yard however. They enjoy being outside WITH us... and are great companions. One invites a cat into his/her lap... does not command this tho.

Owning a cat is a parallel experience. Respect their needs and feelings and they will love you with unswerving loyalty. They WILL come when called, and enjoy playtime too. They will choose the play type however. Our new kitten relishes fetching toys. But she has chosen which is her favorite. She has chosen BLACK twist-em ties. She will go for pipecleaners, but not like the black ones. I had some in a pen cup...on my desk and she pulled one out. That was IT. She is also carrying around a small square of bubble wrap...6 inches on a side. She has been moving it around for days! We think it feels good on her teething gums...or there may be a more obscure reason that is only feline! ( She took it from me while I was boxing up something to mail. )

Cats learn language if talked to simply with consistency.

It has been my experience that people who dislike cats have only had experience with unfriendly ones, or neurotic ones.
A good cat is a treasure IMO.

It is my observation that personalities that tend toward commanding a pet and leading..will choose dogs. Dogs can become very dependent on humans.

Personalities that enjoy parallel activity with a pet and enjoy inviting the animal into their lives, choose cats. While cats may be very loyal, and even notice when you are ill, they retain their own identity and are not so dependent all the time.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (04-01-2011), Kitty (04-01-2011), SallyC (04-01-2011), viseeu (04-01-2011)