View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

All my cats have been trained to come when you call their name. If you call Lily, its Lily that shows up, and not Jack. They are taught simple commands. STOP (cats HATE this command, and its counter instinctual, but it can be done. They will hunker down and be upset, but will stop. They have learned to be brushed, and like it. They have learned that nail care is a must here. Also teeth are to be examined by your human, like it or not. We have good claw manners in this house, and we dont pluck furniture. We have trees and scratchers for that. If not we have a water bottle or a can with rocks in it that makes a very loud noise.

btw, if you want to know where your cat is at night, plug in an electric blanket, and you wont have to look far. They WILL eat that nasty prescription food when it reaches about 10 days of protest and they realize that nothing else is appearing out of the kitchen. It is tempting to think they are starving to death and plop out the junk food, but that will set you back many days.

I have really enjoyed Jacks company when he is well. He is sweet, funny, and entertaining. He thinks he is tiny, when in fact he is 18 pounds, long and tall. Lily is 9 pounds and short and squatty. He thinks he is her match but when he comes dancing sideways thru the living room, he knocks over furniture, and bangs into doorways.

My cats are allowed to be cats. They have the sweet life here. Of course, Jack is a rub-a-holic, and Lily would play fetch 24 hours a day if you let her. I have to hide the toy so she will sleep at night.

Thanks for loving my kitties with me. We have been thru alot together.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hollym (04-01-2011), Kitty (04-01-2011), mochagirl13 (04-01-2011), mrsD (04-01-2011), NeuroNixed Craig (04-01-2011), SallyC (04-01-2011), Twinkletoes (04-02-2011)