View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
If you can't get Flock opened after more scans - just re down load it and re install - it probably will find your other settings & bookmarks.

The program itself might still be there but something scrambled the start up part of it. re installing should fix it.
Jo:

More nonsense happening today. So I made a video so you can see exactly what I'm seeing. Oh, just to correct the opening sentence of my video. the screen is my WINDOWS security center, not Verizon.

so I should have began the video by saying "Window Security Center is showing this".

Last night the guy from Mcafee did all the stuff to get rid of the XP virus. He told me 'your system is now clean, there are no traces of the virus, and as I checked EVERYTHING WORKED FINE. And it still does.

But...... I keep getting pop ups from the XP Security 2011 alert telling me that my system is under attack, that I have trojans, that I should "download XP Security 2011", etc. etc. etc. Every few minutes I get this pop up (just now, something is popped up telling me

Stealth Intrusion" blah blah blah. I get this every few minutes.

So of course I ran the Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee and it said my system is clean, no viruses no nothing.

So am I to understand that I have SOMETHING related to XP Securit 2011 and that it's trying to hijack my computer by telling me I have a virus, but that thing is the virus ITSELF, and I should just ignore it? I'm not going to ignore it. I'm calling up Verizon again, and we'll go through all the tool cleaning up stuff again. This is getting very annoying. The guy, (I saw him doing this), had his tools, he cleaned up EVERYTHING. What is this XP thing doing? hiding in some system files or something?

Here's the video I just made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56FASOrJWvQ

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote