View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

It sounds like the tech guys are missing something..

they are doing the clean up by remote access right?

They should know how to do the "show hidden folders" to make sure they are getting all traces of it.

Verizon is providing the security program for your computer right?

Sometime viruses/Trojans/spy-ware will not use the same name when in the system - makes it harder to find all the parts of them.

I don't know if you are familiar with the CTRL/ALT/DEL key combo- pressing that combination will bring up your task manager.
The processes tab will show what is actually running in real time on your computer.

but don't change anything- in this area!! only look at it to see what is running on your system

some you can tell right away what they are- firefox , flock, task manager , explorer etc
there will be quite a few service host entries ( mine had about 7 of those listed).

what I do is check anything I don't recognize, by a Google search, or on this site - http://www.processlibrary.com/
to read about it and see what it is for.

This might help to give you an idea if a suspicious program is still running or not

If you do try that let us know what you see there.

Or if something shows up as very suspicious call Verizon and have them try again right away.

If you do get it cleaned up again - I suggest down loading & installing Threatfire - it is a real time tool that should stop those things before they can get on to your system.

It is compatible with other anti virus programs - they can both run at the same time- full time. TF works in a different way.
here's the link to it that explains better than I can.
http://www.threatfire.com/
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (04-01-2011)