View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 03:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayseeah View Post
I will definitely ask about what medications might be helpful with my symptoms. I'm just hoping they don't have any extra side-effects!

In general, what is the difference between PCS and post-traumatic migraine? Is there a distinct characteristic that gives one away from the other?

I don't know the difference between the two. I just know that I almost had to self diagnose my migraines before my docs could figure it out. Once I came up with migraines there was an "ah hah" moment and we started prophylactics for it and migraine meds, which all seem to help to some degree. I get severe migraines, so the meds only work on the not-so-bad days, and only when I catch them early. I have no info as to the other conditions at all, I was just speaking as to the fact that migraines can and do indeed occur as a result of head/neck trauma because in my case it happened to me.

stevesworldnyc. Conditions: 4 cervical herniated discs, Peripheral Neuropathy, chronic kidney stones, Spinal Stenosis, 8 herniated discs (4 lumbar, 4 cervical), migraine headaches, sciatica, radiculopathy, HIV, lipid disorder, insomnia.

Meds: Oxycodone, metaprolol, Atripla, Tizanidine, Frova, Ambien, Dronabinol, Combivent, Topomax, Crestor, Albuterol Sulfate via nebulizer, Advair, Trimethobenzamide, Excedrin Migraine, and Miralax.
stevesworldnyc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote