View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I'm not sure how it would handle them , maybe block them, or allow a portion of them, or maybe just block the tracking cookies.

It depends on what the problem or risk factor is pertaining to those sites.

You can always try TF and see what happens , how it works for you.
If you don't care for it remove it.

Is he making much money by clicking those sites/ads?

If it is just for an activity to fill the time , maybe puzzles, safe game sites or even some kind of a hobby...

Have you looked at the cookies section on FF to see what kind of stuff is there?

[Firefox

Cookie permissions are controlled in "Tools -> Options -> Privacy". (In Firefox 3.5, you must select "Use custom settings for history" in the "Firefox will:" drop-down menu, if another option is shown.) You may choose to accept all cookies that websites wish to set or, in Firefox 3.0 and above, you may choose to accept or block third-party cookies that are often set by other companies who advertise on those sites. ]
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Cookies
He makes a few bucks doing these programs and it would be hard on us if he had to quit all these sites. It's so not fair. you find something that works and you get hijacked by viruses?

It's enough to make us go out and by a MAC if we had the money to do so.

But.....I now have THREATFIRE. It did an initial scan and all is well.

I have no idea what will happen later. I hate computers, all I do is go on this website and my sprouting websites and that's it.

And now I have to worry that new viruses are coming out each week?

My god, I long for 15 years ago when I had AOL and it was for dummies and I would hear "Welcome, You've got Mail"

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote