View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 05:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Carrying duodopa pump

Yes please - IŽd be very glad to have description and photos of how you carry the pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn0anc View Post
I have the Duodopa pump and I am functioning for the most part nearly normal when it is on, and I cannot walk, shower, dress myself, eat, etc when it is off. Yes it helps THAT MUCH!!! Without it I would have to have DBS, that or constant care and pain meds for the dystonia. The tube entrance site on my abdomen is NOT a problem to maintain. I just wash the site everyday along with my regular shower, that's it. This pump is giving me a semi nearly normal life and without it I would most likely be in a wheel chair tucked away in a care facility somewhere..... I encourage everyone who no longer responds well to the pill form of Sinimet to consider it. It is not a miracle, as I still have down days mixed with better ones, but the on/off periods are much lower in intensity and much more gradual in duration. I could not go back to oral Sinimet even if I wanted to because of severe dystonia. I am hopeful that this pump may forestall ever needing DBS. I have been friends with this device for 14 months. I got it when it was open label, no placebo.

PM me with questions. I also have a much better way to carry the pump than the supplied fanny pack. Photos if you're interested.

Me
1938Ross is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote