View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 06:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default me too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
I'm told that I will continue to wear a collar for 3 months. I'm curious what happens after taking it off?! I'm worried about muscle loss. How long does it take to regain? Is it just time or is physio a smart investment?

Good news, I'm feeling alot better since my surgery on the 16th of March

Dave
I had my ACDF on March 2nd, and I don't even get xrays until 8 weeks to find out if I get it off. I'm told I will be wearing it anywhere from 8 weeks to 5 months, depending on bone growth. I have the same concerns as you about muscle loss and strength from wearing my collar so long.

Please keep me posted as to what you find out about the physio, I want to have it, but not sure if my dr. will allow it right away, there is such a difference of opinion on the PT, some docs are for it and some against. I had a lot of physio before surgery, so I would think I would benefit afterwards to gain some of my strength back.

Glad you're feeling better... I'm just finally starting to feel a bit normal again. The only thing that still bothers me a lot is the darn muscle spasms (which are caused by the collars!)

Take care, Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote