View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 02:54 AM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesworldnyc View Post
I was just trying to smooth things over where I saw some tension, that's all. Certainly, with your credentials you rise above the level of a layperson. I guess I was also trying to poke a little fun at the absurd way the SSA puts it's process. I used to be a comedian and I always try to find a way to fit a smile into a convo if it possible to do so. You're right though. I'm still sick and only getting worse. I'd rather be working and healthy considering the pain I endure on a daily basis. And I guess that's why I commented too. I know how confusing just filling prescriptions can be, even as a health insurance company employee I often had to make calls back n forth to the MD, pharmacy, health plan just to get a medication. Most pharmacies won't tell you about prior authorizations, or work with your MD to procure one for you. So even though you aren't a layperson, the other party is, and from their point of view, they see it as the SSA tells it: that only the SSA will determine if a claimant is disabled. They should have qualified their remark by saying "according to the SSA", that's all.
May I inquire as to what state you are licensed to practice law in? I'm from RI originally, then lived in NYC for many years where I was a writer, comedian and tv personality along with a day job in health insurance before retiring in FL after my injuries became too debilitating.
A comedian, that's what we need around here a sense of humor. I'm not licensed but was a certified paralegal in Florida. I moved from FL because it was just to darn crowded and hot, I just got so tired of all the violence. I live in a very small town now in Georgia. Where it snows and we have 4 seasons. It may not seem like much to you being from the Big Apple but I'm like a little kid when it snows. I'm thinking about taking the C.L.A again but once you have the experience you really don't need it. It's just for show. My professors at the University I went to, tried to get me to take the bar, but I just don't like lawyers. So I would end up hating myself. It must be a real bummer to have all that talent and not be able to use it. Thank you for seeing a potential problem and trying to smooth it out, but I've been around some of these people for a couple of years and we just don't get along. So the only thing you can do is avoid it. I guess your a night owl? I have insomnia, so I'm up a lot. Well thanks for writing back and I feel so bad you couldn't continue your career. *edit*Well it was good chatting with you and hope to talk soon. Take care of yourself.

Last edited by Chemar; 04-06-2011 at 08:02 AM. Reason: NT guidelines
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote