View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 07:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Catie and Jana

Thank you for your replies.

I have been told that 100 micro grammes of florinef is equal to about 10mg of cortisone. However I am on the contraceptive pill cerazette which increases the potency of florinef.

Its weird as I didn't have this reaction with pred. Florinef has been prescribed to boost my blood pressure and blood volume. Not for MG as I do not have an MG diagnosis.

Thankfully I have oxygen at home so if I have problems I can dose up on mestinon and hook up the oxygen. I have a pulse ox as well plus BP monitors - my house is starting to resemble the set of ER.

I knew the reaction was transitory I just wanted a rough idea on how long it could last for. So thanks for giving me a rough idea.

At the moment any time out of bed is leading to an exacerbation of symptoms.So I am trying to have bed rest as much as possible to avoid the ptosis and shortness of breath.

Thank you for taking the time to reply - its more help than I got on a different forum!

Rach

Last edited by rach73; 04-02-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: should say cortisone not pred sorry my mistake
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote