View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 02:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi JoMar

the swelling is in each cell, so a drain wont work because its not a pool of fluid. regular water pills takes water off in a different way..i am told through your vascular system where swelling affects your whole body. mine affects just where i had surgery and the rsd kicked in. some drs have said that my body keeps sending white blood cells to the area because it thinks there is an infection, but there isnt an infection so white blood cells keep coming to heal the area. i have whats called piited edema..you an press your whole hand into my stomch and leave a deep hand impression. its so horrible and uncomfortable. i am getting desperate for help. i am going to find a nuerologist next week to see if they can help me with the diuretic i found called mannitol. it acts differently then regular water pills and has been used for rsd inflammation and it works! im hopeful. it has to be given in the hospital by IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I'm sorry but I'm still confused.
Or maybe I missed the info somewhere.

Do the dr s say it is fluid building up that causes the swelling, or some other type of tissue overgrowth? Or they have no clue....

If excess fluid is the case why not insert a "drain" of sorts?
Or a "water pill" or something to see if it helps.

If tissue growth,
I can see why they might not want to do exploratory surgery due to possible spread, but if it is pretty much body wide already... it might be worth it to ease your discomfort.
Jomar (04-02-2011)