View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 09:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm glad to hear you'll have skin biopsy done, since EMG's cannot detect small fiber neuropathy.

I am very happy with my care at JH. It's a 3 hour drive each way (and I go fairly frequently) but well worth it.

I had two skin biopsies. They both showed unusual looking fibers but not conclusive (in regards to density) to call it SFN. My diagnosis (ganglionitis) came from a new MRI at JH that looks directly at the dorsal root ganglia.

I currently take a vast array of meds...mostly for cardiac and GI due to severe autonomic neuropathy. I also take Plaquenil which is a DMARD used in autoimmune disease (I have Sjogren's) and Heparin (LMWH) injections for APS (another autoimmune disease that causes blood clots). I don't have much to tell you in regards to neuropathy meds. I have not had any luck with the typical anti-seizure or anti-depressants for neuropathy pain. So right now I'm only trying R-lipoic acid. I have only done so for a couple weeks so not fair for me to judge it yet.

JH is almost all computer records so "paper" records can easily get lost in the shuffle. I would call (Monday) the dept.'s for your appts and confirm that they received the records from your doctors...just in case. You should always keep a copy of your records for yourself anyway.

Good luck and let us know how your visits go.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
antonina (04-03-2011)