View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 05:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default The wedding and excercise

Hi Kayseeah,

You're getting married! How exciting and what a bad time to have the symptoms that you are having to deal with!

Before my sister's wedding she was in a panic about having to lose 28 lbs in order to fit into her wedding dress. She didn't lose that much weight, turned up in a wedding dress that fitting fine and everything went absolutely fine. She was just panicking about being on display and feeling self-conscious about it. Now it's a family joke.

I am presuming that someone has proposed marriage to you the way you are now and that isn't conditional on your being any lighter by the time of the wedding. So, I would say that as long as he is happy (or possibly she - I am not sure what your local laws are) then that is the main thing, so don't panic about losing tons of weight. You will look just fine and your friends and family who love you, love you just the way that you are.

If you decide that you really want to be doing some exercise, I would say:
1. Don't do anything that jerks your head around. (I think that you already know this.)
2. Don't do anything that puts any strain on your neck, like shoulder stands or bending your neck excessively.
3. Don't do anything that makes you feel at all unwell.

There are some people who think that aerobic exercise might actually help the symptoms. I have not found that it makes much difference, but it didn't make the symptoms any worse when I have raised my heart rate. I have tried this using the cross-trainer and cycling (or a cycle machine) and found that this was fine. Note that with these exercises the head is pretty stationary. I found that jogging was not at all good.
So, there you are.
Cross-trainer or cycle, don't jog, don't jerk your head.
Don't worry about the dress; you'll be fine.
Wishing you both every happiness,
CS
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote