View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 02:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks lois for the hugs
The GI drs suggested a glutten challenge when we talked in Dec. I told him that glutten really made me sick and doing that seemed to me almost barbaric He kinda agreed, I do get to see him on the 13 so I will ask if he will except Enterolabs testing, he seems to be very knowledgable about what glutten can do to you, beside the stomach ach, which I'm hoping is not just a show.
I never had this problem with drs before, its just this last year because I moved from a different province and new drs that don't know me that well.
I had a dr in Calgary that suggested MG and order blood test, they came back borderline and it was suggested that I get futher testing for that. Which I did, they lost the blood test and so I have know idea what was on that, and of course my dr won't do any more testing.
I have chronic fatigue, muscles spasms, and really poor strenght. I went from being able to carry 50 lbs or more easily to now getting that jug of milk out of the fridge takes two hands. I can't walk for more than 1/2 block without becoming short of breath and very tired. All I want to do is go home and nap. Now things have GREATLY improved since going glutten free, so much so that I don't need a nap, I can walk a good block, I don't have hardly any pain. No more stomach aches, the big D and the migrains have all gone. This is what I don't get. So much improvement yet apparently, the head shrink thinks that I'm being dramatic about it, and that I don't need to be so stict with this diet. I feel like I am going crazy, my dr looks at me like I found all this info in some science fiction novel.
I am on the mend, just its taking so slow and I'm really one that just wants to push myself. I wasn't cut out to be a couch potatoe. And pushing just makes things worse, not to mention the stress from drs. I figure that if my GI drs has some brains he will tell my GP the I do have glutten sensitivity and that it has caused all these problems, and that hopfully I stopped eatting the stuff soon enough that my body can repairs itself. If not then I guess I just have to suck it up till I get better enough to go back to work. Which seems to me like a very long time from now.
So is the IgA test the better one or the IgT. I would like to have as much info as possiable to make my case. Because if I don't get someone to believe me then I won't get any further help. And I won't be seeing any more drs. Thanks so much, Patricia
turner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote