View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 07:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--have you seen the Liza Jane spreadsheets?

This was put together by Liza Jane--with considerable input from a number of us--to be as comprehensive a series of possible tests for neurological symptoms as current science allows, and it gets updated periodically:

www.lizajane.org

The Useful Websites "stickies" also has a number of entries at which dignostic protocols for neuropathy can be found--those given by Washington University's Neuromuscular conditions website and by Dr. Latov of Cornell Weill and Dr. Poncelet of University of California/San Francisco most prominently.
Thanks Glenn.

Yes, the "stickies" have lots of good info and links. Many of these things would have been sooooo helpful to me back in 1996 when i started my diagnostic journey. The Lizajane charts are a good idea for those who are just getting started and those with many questions about what needs to be or what has already be done...with places for comments on results.

Being that my problems include autonomic neuropathy, others systems (cardiac, GI, etc) are greatly effected. Therefore I use the same concept of file keeping as Lizajane suggests, just breaking them down by specialty.

Diagnostics is an ever changing field. I had been diagnosed for several years with multifaceted autonomic neuropathy, Sjogren's, and APS. However, as you know, PN pain can be difficult to pin down. Due to my pacemaker being implanted 7 years ago, I was unable to have an MRI...which excluded looking for a wide variety of possible causes for my PN.

Being that Sjogren's can attack both the brain and spine it was always felt there was inflammation in these areas. However, it is only now that I have confirmation of the ganglionitis thanks to 2 new protocols in MR imaging: allowing MRI's to be done on patients with pacemakers and also newer/closer looks at the DRG itself. My goal in posting this was to let people know that these new protocols exist and can help in the diagnostic process. I hope it's helpful.

Last edited by en bloc; 04-03-2011 at 08:22 AM.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote