View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 09:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks Mrs D

As I stated in my first post I'm not on Florinef for MG but for my Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia - so its being used to help me retain sodium and water to increase my blood pressure and blood volume.

I am having to monitor my blood pressure whilst on it and will be having blood tests to look at electrolytes. I monitor my blood pressure anyway - but I can usually tell you what it is roughly without taking it purely by the way I feel.

Its just very odd that my MG like symptoms have increased one week after commencing treatment - ptosis, choking, breathlessness, feeling of an elephant sat on my chest, not being able to hold my head up, getting tired chewing food.

My consultant has told me that he doesn't think the steroids are causing this but hes a geriatric consultant ( not that he's old but he treats the elderly lol) not a neuro.

There is a warning on the patient information leaflet that states people with MG may have increased muscle weakness.

For the time being we are keeping to 100 micro grammes until everything has settle down.

Normally my MG symptoms raise their ugly head if I have been over doing it or if I have picked up a virus or bacterial infection. Neither of which applies to me at present. The only new thing in the mix is the florinef.

So I will just wait and see what happens.

Thanks for everyones posts.

Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote