View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 12:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I'd get another opinion

Even though you haven't been diagnosed with MG, if you suspect you have it, the fact that the label of the Florinef says that it can cause problems in people with MG would be a HUGE danger sign to me.

I realize the health system in the UK isn't like ours is here, but I would get another opinion ASAP, and in the meantime have your doctor put you on a different steroid IMMEDIATELY. I'm not kidding - it sounds like a dangerous thing for you to be on.

I know that doctors don't want to diagnose people with MG unless they have certain "positive" indicators - the fact that I was able to tolerate Mestinon in ANY amount (plus my other symptoms) was enough for my neurologist to give me a positive Dx, even though all of the tests came back normal.

INSIST on seeing another neuro as soon as possible (yesterday isn't soon enough), and don't take "no" for an answer. You are putting your health in extreme risk. I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but drug interactions for people who have MG are a very serious - sometimes life-threatening - deal!

Please be careful -
teresakoch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote