View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 01:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 4 months and still?? ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfri1003 View Post
I am still having issues with muscle spasms, tightness and knots in my shoulders and shoulder blades. I usually ice the areas and still back with my head on the recliner until I feel better. Next week will be 4 months post ACDF. I am getting pretty frustrated. Let me know how you are doing.
I'm sorry to hear you're still having these dreadful muscle spasms at the 4 month mark. I also sit back with my neck supported (I usually alternate ice and heat) and I take my brace off for a few minutes to get some relief, but sometimes they just don't want to go away.

I'm doing a little better, I'm able to get around the house on my own and shower on my own, but I"m still on some pain meds and still quite sore and achy. I don't have my follow up with my neuro until 8 weeks post op, so we'll see what he says at the end of April about getting this brace off.

I thought the brace caused the muscle spasms, but it sounds like you're getting them still without the brace. That's poopy... I hope we both start getting some relief soon!!
Take care, Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote