Thread: Radio no mo'
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 05:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Radio no mo'

I am a radio announcer and just had to give up a 15 year morning show due to neuropathy in my feet that is so bad most times, it feels like my feet are going to explode. I'm on 3600 mgs. of neurontyn daily.....and that doesn't help concentration when you're on the air. I had no choice but to step aside.
Right now I'm in a holding pattern. I also have 2 herniated disks with 'severe' foraminal narrowing above and below the C5-C6 that have already been fused.
I have an appointment for a consult with a neurosurgeon-----which of course----no matter what----will not help my feet one little bit.
My neuropathy is of 'unknown origins' so----since I don't know what caused it, they can't seem to help it either. I can only go for a little while before I have to elevate my feet above my heart.
My mother died at almost the same age I am now of "Sjogren's Syndrome'--a rare auto-immune disease. I've been to three neurologists-----all the way to Cleveland Clinic---and I'm thinking seriously about checking out everything with a rheumatologist because of my mother's history. Any ideas, suggestions, or flat out lies and tall tales are welcomed. I'm at my wit's end. For the first time in my life-----I'm not working.
Radioboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote