View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 05:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

I get the muscle spasms because I am probably doing too much. They usually happen after working on computer at school with the kids or marking too many papers. Stress also adds to the equation. When I am more stressed it ends up in my neck and shoulders. The weather also seems to play a part in how I am feeling. On the weekends when I do laundry or cleaning I have to take breaks, but at least I am somewhat able to do those tasks. My son still carries the laundry down 2 flights of stairs for me.

I am glad that I had a dr visits at 2 or 3 weeks and then again at 8 weeks. It is nice to be able to get some professional input. You are still early on and sounds like you are doing well. Getting around the house and showering are important parts of feeling better. I was lucky that I only had to wear a soft collar for 3 weeks. I still wear it when I sleep or get very sore. I only take narcotics or muscle relaxer once a week otherwise it is extra strength Tylenol.
Hopefully the weather improves so that you are able to get out and either sit in the sun or take enjoyable walks. It was so cold, snowy and nasty that I wasn't able to do that. My surgery was 12/9/2010. Hope that you are doing better each day.
frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cath1 (04-03-2011)